Procedure Writer CertificationAbsolute Consulting provides the Procedure Professional Association (PPA) Procedure Writer Certification class. Minimum requirements for the class, as directed by the PPA, are as follows:
The course consists of the following three modules:
- Use of approved PPA training materials
- At least 24 hours of classroom instructions
- One Dynamic Learning Activity (DLA), in addition to the 24 hours of class time, i.e., (write a sample procedure)
- A closed book exam, using PPA-provided exam questions
- $100 fee per student (paid to the PPA)
A fourth module can be developed and is a site specific module. The module includes a Writer’s Manual, Procedure Process and Use & Adherence procedure. It is not necessary to have the fourth module to obtain the PPA Procedure Writer Certification.
- Human Factors for Procedure Writers (INPO 09-004, Procedure Use and Adherence)
- Procedure Development and Procedure Review (NEI AP-907-001, Procedure Process)
- Writer’s Manual Format and Writing Methods (NEI AP-907-005, Procedure Writer’s Manual)
For the student, the course provides:
For the utility, this course provides:
- A quality course of instruction developed by a team of industry writers and procedure group supervisors.
- A baseline of understanding on specific writing methods used by our industry and their value to the procedure user
- A certification that the student has this knowledge that he/she can present to potential employers
For immediate information, please contact Dave Linders at DLinders@AbsoluteConsulting.com.
- A quality course of instruction developed by a team of industry writers and procedure group supervisors
- An assurance that each writer has a baseline level of understanding in key aspects of writing and process methods
- An assurance that any vendors brought in for project support have a similar baseline of knowledge
Call or e-mail us, we would
be happy to hear from you.