Nuclear power plants in the United States are typically granted a 40-year license to operate; this license includes an amortization period. A plant may be granted a 20-year license extension, provided the utility can show a commitment to (1) manage the plant properly and (2) ensure that all equipment is functioning well. The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission is the government agency responsible for licensing and regulating the operation of nuclear power plants.
Absolute Consulting assists clients in various stages of the licensing process and offer the following services:
- Maintaining the licensing basis
- 10CFR50.59 and 10CFR72.48 evaluations
- Response to regulators and response tracking
- Condition report evaluation and response
- Improved tech spec procedure changes
- Risk managed tech programs and procedures
Call or e-mail us, we would
be happy to hear from you.